Trikes

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

x-90 rider

Trikes

Post by x-90 rider »

I think that this new forum is a great idea. We do not own a trike but I think that someday we will be riding one. I like the idea that there does not seem to be any rules on building a custom trike and anything goes. The other thing that I think is great is that you do not have to put your feet down in "stop and go" traffic. 8)

Here are a few different trikes that I thought were unique.

rotnlab

Trikes

Post by rotnlab »

X-90,

I agree with you, that I preasently don't ride a Trike, the possibility is there that some day I will have to. I agree with you on the pictures of the Trikes.

Thinking of my Grandson, I liked the one with the Briggs engine. Also, when my children were in elementary school, I had the oppertunity to rebuild a 45 inch Harley Police Servi car from Boxes. What a project, Both in enjoyment and frustration. Did get it running tho.

I hope the Trike Board goes.

rotnlab

PJ in Rochester

Post by PJ in Rochester »

I think that last picture is a TRI-a-Busa....Saw them at Daytona Track last year..........
'83 Yamaha Virago XV500; '02 Yamaha FZ1; BMW R1200GS!!!; Bianchi-Campion Italian Racing bicycle
STAR TOURING;STAR SOCIETY;ABATE;AMA;NRA
Image Image

PJ in Rochester

Post by PJ in Rochester »

For real...that's whatthey called them!!!!There were several...I have the pictures.....So we can look forward to riding anything we want triked as we get older!!!
'83 Yamaha Virago XV500; '02 Yamaha FZ1; BMW R1200GS!!!; Bianchi-Campion Italian Racing bicycle
STAR TOURING;STAR SOCIETY;ABATE;AMA;NRA
Image Image

x-90 rider

Post by x-90 rider »

I think that the Tri-a-Busa is pretty wild looking. I would not want to ride it in the rain and some rear fenders would be nice. :shock:

We looked at every trike manufacturer at Americade in 2006 and I was very impressed with California Side Cars and Lehman. The other thing that was a real surprise was the huge number of Insta-Trikes on the road - what a cost effective idea for a trike.

Whitebeard

Post by Whitebeard »

x-90 rider wrote: .... The other thing that was a real surprise was the huge number of Insta-Trikes on the road - what a cost effective idea for a trike.
I love my InstaTrike... it took care of my hip problem. As an added plus, my wife now ASKS to go for a ride rather than decline my request to go.
Image a.k.a. "Santa"

member of FORBS
(Fraternal Order of Real Bearded Santas) and Clan Claus Society

Keeping the "Twinkle" in my eye and the Spirit of Christmas in my Heart

Mainah

Post by Mainah »

Browsing e-bay today and saw this Vespa Sidehack. Totally cool 8) 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 26_fvi%3D1

A real blast from the past!
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

TrikeRider

Post by TrikeRider »

I'm still lovin' my trike, Miss Scarlett. It was a great investment for me. And Santa, you're right, everyone wants a ride.

x-90 rider

Post by x-90 rider »

I found a few more photos.