WHATS YOUR TAKE ON AMERICADE 2021??

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

ROADCAPTAIN

WHATS YOUR TAKE ON AMERICADE 2021??

Post by ROADCAPTAIN »

Do you guy's believe that there w/ be a Cade 2021??
or w/ the Covid ruin next yrs Cade??
CDC has made a correction on the death rate from the Covid it stands @ 9,000 instead 200,000..I wonder if that w/ help the country get back to normal?? or maybe we'll never be normal again!!
I wonder how many busniness's have closed-up in the LGV area??

Pat G
2004 GL1800,125,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Pirelli Snow Control RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: WHATS YOUR TAKE ON AMERICADE 2021??

Post by WCLamb »

Pat -
I think it's too soon to tell, but that's only my opinion. The whole fiasco over COVID-19 has got many people confused because of so much conflicting information pumped out by mainstream media outlets. My belief is that we won't really know until after the first of the year.

If anything is a valid indicator, it's that with 250-400K attendees at Sturgis this August (and only ONE reported infection) perhaps the alarmists got it wrong again! Even though Americade planning might desire to restore the rally to its former self, whether or not Lake George can support the crowds next year is anybody's guess. I'm sure many of the motels and restaurants have closed up shop because of this year's lock-downs and closures driving businesses into bankruptcy.

W. P. Schreiber

Post by W. P. Schreiber »

As usual, I can't help but agree with you. This would have been our 25 straight Americade, but it didn't happen. I never thought that I'd "age out" of anything, but now that the record has been broken, I just don't see myself returning next year. You're right about restaurants and hotels not surviving; Georges is already gone, although that was just incredibly poor management, it was never the same after the fire. The Comfort Suites out by the outlet stores, our residence for the last 6 years or so for Americade and the Adirondack Nationals is also gone, great place, just over extended on loans, already. I'm curious to see how the Marriott is doing; deeper pockets, but still, a HUGE investment. Even in good years. businesses in L.G. have a tough time; I don't see how they can survive this latest setback, they lost Americade, the entire summer, the Hot Rod Show, and most likely the Fall season.
Last edited by W. P. Schreiber on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob L

Post by Bob L »

I think you are a bit off with "one" infection linked to Sturgis. Granted the number reported here is still a small percentage, but it is more than one... one death, yes. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ycle-rally

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

Bob -
It's been difficult to find out much information about the "Black Hills Classic" rally since outside of motorcycle circles, news items about Sturgis are few and far between. They just don't get much reporting, since it seems the general population has little interest -- and the circle seems to lose circumference annually. What you found was newer than what I'd seen earlier, but still tells a very different story than the mainstream media has provided (or warned us about). Thanks for sharing your link.

Going back to Pat's initial question about 2021, my opinion FWIW, remains. Wait and see...

Maybe Christian or "Uncle Bill" will throw out some tidbits of information on what restaurants, shops, and motels survived -- and which didn't --

ROADCAPTAIN

Post by ROADCAPTAIN »

WC, we went to Sturgis & Cody Wyo during the rally, I heard that there where 9 people infected? how true that is? is another story..
We rode 5700 mi on our trip, mask's where @ A minimum..
Also, CDC has put out a report w/ all the REAL TOTALS!! ONLY 9,000 DIED FROM THE VIRUS, the others had other health issue's.
The hospital's received $40,000. per head for a death from the ALLEDGED VIRUS!!!! now that's a lot of $$$$...
I rest my case, my info comes from a person who works in a NY City Hospital!!!/b]
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman

wildwillie
Site Admin

Post by wildwillie »

“Wait and see“ is probably still the best answer, but with more and more vaccines in final testing in several countries, plus better and better therapies, it seems promising. 👍

One thing is for sure, if Americade 2021 is a Go, there’s a whole lot of pent up demand ! 🤯
Christian will no doubt reach out to everyone on Americade’s contact list around the first of the year with his freshest forecast. There’s so much planning & coordination to put together a multifaceted event like Americade, that six months is about the minimum time to get the job done properly.

The Lake George region received about as much tourism business as it could handle this summer, with many families seeking the clean air and clean water up here. The trails and the lake were busier than ever, even though all the large group gatherings were canceled.
Here’s a current story in the local paper:
https://poststar.com/news/local/outdoor ... 32fb2.html

Justinfive-o

Post by Justinfive-o »

ROADCAPTAIN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 am
Do you guy's believe that there w/ be a Cade 2021??
or w/ the Covid ruin next yrs Cade??
CDC has made a correction on the death rate from the Covid it stands @ 9,000 instead 200,000..I wonder if that w/ help the country get back to normal?? or maybe we'll never be normal again!!
I wonder how many busniness's have closed-up in the LGV area??

Pat G
The CDC made no such correction. I would suggest you be very much more careful about where you get your news before you spit that crap out on this or any sensible forum.
Have a great day in any case.

ROADCAPTAIN

Post by ROADCAPTAIN »

Saw this info on Fox News, CDC made the headlines about 10 days ago...BTW, Fauci is by no means an "Alter Boy" !!!
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman

Justinfive-o

Post by Justinfive-o »

ROADCAPTAIN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm
Saw this info on Fox News, CDC made the headlines about 10 days ago...BTW, Fauci is by no means an "Alter Boy" !!!
You saw it on FoxNews? Thanks for making my point for me.
Drs. Fauci and Redfield are the best you're going to get. They don't need to be altar boys, whatever that means.