Back on the Cybercade board..... For now..

Social Banter between Cybercaders on non-Americade Subjects.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Dragonglide

Back on the Cybercade board..... For now..

Post by Dragonglide »

Wel, I was finally able to get back on here with a temp pw. Hope all is well. I'll be on more when I can access the PW reset to set it to my own. For whatever reason it won't let me do so on mobile.
With all this safety stuff, helmet, jacket, hazmat suit, mask, Lysol dispensers, bleach bombs, and all, it's going to be hard to ride and type.
Should I just send my bike to Americade with a GoPro so it can tell me how Americade was amongst all the growing issues with the hype over Covid19??

wildwillie
Site Admin

Re: Back on the Cybercade board..... For now..

Post by wildwillie »

“May you live in interesting times.” allegedly is an old Chinese curse. If so, how appropriate!
As one who has lived through wars and epidemics, this too shall pass - even tho the urgent, strident tone of the 24/7 cablenews newscycle makes it seem like this is the end of the world.
:shock:
Soon we’ll be on our bikes with our heads in the fresh air, looking back at this crazy time with a wry smile and additional perspective.
So, to all my old motorcycling friends, I look forward to when “social distancing” just means whacking the throttle open ! (in June, we assume)
8)
Bill

Dragonglide

Re: Back on the Cybercade board..... For now..

Post by Dragonglide »

Willie,
I have to say something is definitely amiss. But I'll deal with it accordingly. I am doubtful Americade will happen this year as the fear mongering continues. This is serious, don't get me wrong. But not ALL of the info is being put out there for human consumption. Only the facts that will keep people hoarding toilet paper and buying up all the supplies they can will be brought to the public from the media's side.
A very sad state of affairs. Until then, I will sneak in a ride or two when the weather is nice. Social distancing means 7 car lengths at 70 mph.
Will just have to sit tight and try not to let cabin fever set in.